At the Marlow Language Centre we are committed to ensuring your privacy is protected. We use your information as further explained in this Privacy Notice. We'll be the "controller" of the information you provide to us.
What information do we need?
We only collect basic personal data about you or your course sponsor – specifically, name, address, telephone number, email address, and any other information pertinent to your language learning ability. We may also hold basic payment information such as credit card details, PayPal address, and bank details where necessary for the timely implementation of courses. We may also record when you use our website, communicate with us by phone, letter, email, and social media or in person or receive our services and/or products.
How do we use it?
We use it to:
- Provide our services to you, direct any customer enquiries to the correct person and to communicate with you
- Enable our reception staff to help you with any enquiries or complaints
- Inform our teachers prior to the beginning of a course
- Communicate with you by telephone, mail, email or other electronic means
- Perform our obligations under any contract for the supply of services we have with you
- Monitor our work and maintain our records
- Obtain feedback on how we can improve our services
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements
Legal bases for processing
In order to process and use your personal information lawfully, we rely on the following legal bases:
- For the performance of a contract with you for provision of our products and/or services or to take steps at your request prior to entering into such a contract
- To comply with our legal obligations
- For our legitimate interests in ensuring effective operational management and internal administration, document retention/storage, compliance with regulatory guidance, exercise or defence of legal claims, service improvement and communicating with you
We may share your information with:
- Office staff
We may also use aggregate information and statistics in order to help us develop our services and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
How long will we keep it?
We will keep your information only for as long as necessary depending on the purpose for which it was provided.When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account factors including:
- Information pertaining to clients' language courses is usually held for a period of 2 years from the commencement of the course
- Completed translation work is normally deleted after 2 years, unless as a service to the client and with the client's permission, it is held for a longer period of time
We securely erase your information once these requirements are met.
Google Analytics and Cookies
You have the following rights regarding your information:
You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal data and your rights. This is why we're providing you with the information in this Privacy Notice.
You have the right to obtain access to your personal data (if we're processing it) and certain other information (similar to that provided in this Privacy Notice). This is so you're aware and can check that we're using your personal data in accordance with data protection law.
You are entitled to have your personal data corrected if it's inaccurate or incomplete.
You have rights to 'block' or suppress further use of your personal data in certain circumstances. When processing is restricted, we can still store your personal data, but may not use it further.
You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format in certain circumstances and where certain conditions apply, the right to have such information transferred directly to a third party.
You have the right to object to certain types of processing, in certain circumstances. In particular, the right to object to the processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interests or on public interest grounds; the right to object to processing for direct marketing purposes (including profiling); the right to object to the use of your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes in certain circumstances.
If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, you are welcome to contact us at the contact details set out below under "Contacting us".
If you would like to contact us in relation to your rights or if you are unhappy with how we've handled your information, you may contact us by email, telephone, letter or through our website http://www.marlowlanguagecentre.com/site-services/contact.html.
If you're not satisfied with our response to any complaint or believe our processing of your information does not comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) using the following details:
Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone number: +44 (0)303 123 1113